We all have them, those childhood movies we watch repeatedly and they still have the ability to entertain us. “Oh man you’ve never seen this, oh we have to watch it”. Those kind of movies.
Here are my 7 favorite childhood movies that I (thankfully) never out grew!
1. Spaceballs – always first on any great movie list
2. Wizard of Oz – not sure why we never owned it but I remember waiting every fall for it to be shown on tv.
3. Return of the Jedi – none of that new music redone Jaba palace scene mess- give me the original that I saw in the theater.
4. Star Trek II, The Wrath of Kahn – Kaaaaaahn
5. The Burbs – Is he eating animal crackers in full swat gear?
6. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation – still cracks up when he rants; holy sh*t where’s the Tylenol.
7. Jump’n Jack Flash – funny but with a great underlying message about relationships and being an international spy.
Yep still have them, and on VHS no less. What’s your favorite childhood movie that still captivates you?