I know the best way for me to refuel and get guidance, whether it’s physically, spiritually or emotionally is to just be still. I struggle with seeing that through, always feeling like there is something that needs my attention or like I have to find a way to keep busy when I’m not. I have to make a pointed focused effort to be still, and the best way for me to accomplish this is what I call an analog day.
What’s an analog day? It’s day where all the digital stuff in my life get’s put on hold. It’s not an anti social hide from the world day toss responsibilities to the curb experience, but a slow your roll kind of day.
What can an analog day look like?
– listen to records (the evolution of our record collection is a whole different blog)
– go chat with a neighbor or a friend instead of texting
– read a real book, you know paper glue spine
– skip the online recipes and go for a cookbook, or better yet one of my Gram’s hand scrawled recipes
– send a piece of snail mail, enclose an extra stamp
– anything that slows the pace, like a cup of tea
If I find myself having a hard time putting down the “busy” sometimes I’ll go where my phone doesn’t get a signal, like the belly of the aquarium.
Just a short list, what do you like to do to slow down? I would love to hear!