Seriously Good Orange Sticky Bread – Recipe
This dessert is a little bit gooey, not overly sweet and flavored with orange. It reminds me a little of the orange cinammon rolls my mom would make when we had sleepovers.
1 tube of jumbo buttermilk biscuits, 8 count
zest of 1 orange
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1/2 lemon
6 Tablespoons of butter (~3/4 a stick)
3/4 cup of powdered sugar
1. Cut each biscuit into fourths.
2. In a deep microwave safe bowl melt the butter and allow to cool slightly.
3. On a plate or shallow dish sprinkle the powdered sugar, zest the lemon and orange directly onto the sugar. Mix gently with a fork to combine.
4. Dip the biscuit pieces into the melted butter and roll in the sugar zest mixture.
5. Place sugared biscuit pieces into a bunt pan, it should make a rough two layers of biscuit pieces.
6. Once all of the sugared biscuit pieces have placed in the bunt pan sprinkle with remaining sugar, followed by 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter.
7. Squeeze 1/2 of the lemon over the dough
7. Bake for 30 min at 350C or until the top of the bread turns a light golden brown.
Serve warm. Typically, unable to hold off our piggish tendencies, we have eaten it right out of the pan. However, if you are having company you may want to turn them out onto a plate after allowing to cool for five minutes. You probably wont have to worry about the next part; store left overs in an airtight container at room temp.