This is a fool proof perfectly easy dinner and it all happens in one pot.
– 2 chicken breast, thinly sliced
– 1 -2 Tablespoons of cajun seasonings
– 1 package (9 oz.) of fresh linguine
– 2 Tablespoons of butter
– 2 green onions, thinly slices
– 1 cup of heavy cream
– 1/2 cup of milk
– 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
– 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese (good stuff, not that shaky mess in the can)
– 2 cup, lightly packed, fresh spinach
– salt and pepper to taste
Start a pot of boiling water for the pasta. Sprinkle the chicken with the cajun seasoning and stir well to combine. In a large sauce pot, fitted with a lid melt the butter over medium heat. Melt the butter until it starts to bubble, then add the chicken. With the lid on, cook until the chicken is no longer pink and cooked through.
Reduce the heat and add the cream, milk, garlic powder, green onions and season with salt and pepper. Allow this to simmer with the lid off; stir often.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta and drain reserving ~1/2 cup of the pasta water. Add the pasta to the chicken mixture along with the pasta water, stir to combine. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir well to combine. Place the spinach in the pot and replace the lid.
Allow the spinach to wilt, ~ 2 min, stir again and serve.